Here at Core Counseling Services, we understand that selecting a clinical supervisor is one of the most important professional choices you will make along your journey towards LCPC or Psychology licensure. A good fit between supervisee and supervisor is imperative to promote a strong professional growth experience.
In our private practice setting we have three Approved Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor Supervisors who have been sanctioned by the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists, Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (Marquerite Laban, PhD, LCPC Approved Supervisor #349, Paula Moylan, LCPC Approved Supervisor #499, Janet Glover-Kerkvliet, LCPC Approved Supervisor #924). Dr. Laban is also qualified to offer supervision services to those working towards licensure on the doctoral level (psychology associates). While we each conduct our clinical therapy from a blend of orientations, we do not expect or push our supervisees to adopt our specific therapeutic styles. Our role as supervisors is to help you to develop your own personal style within the image that matches your professional goals. We are passionate about our work and are genuinely interested in helping you develop the competence you need to maximize your potential as a future counselor.
Topics of Supervision will include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualization and exploration of individual cases.
- Instruction on differential diagnosis.
- Feedback on counseling techniques and application of theoretical orientation.
- Review of case notes and other documentation.
- Review of ethics and professional conduct.
- Professional development in either an agency or private practice.
Face-to-face meetings should occur weekly for approximately one-hour with additional time as needed. Supervision meetings will be individual, with the opportunity for group supervision meetings monthly.
Requirements to Participate in Supervision:
- For LGCP’s: Successful completion of the National Counselor Examination.
- For Psychology Associates: Ability to meet the Maryland Board of Examiners of Psychologists requirements for Psychology Associates.
- This includes an official transcript from an accredited college or university with at least a Master’s Degree in Psychology or related field.
- Please visit www.dhmh.md.gov/psych for more information.
- Certificate of liability coverage must be provided prior to beginning supervision and it must specify the dates of coverage and coverage limits.
We are now welcoming Maryland licensed mental health professionals to join our private practice setting. Professionals will have the opportunity to provide psychotherapy/counseling to children, adolescents, and adults in individual, couple, or family sessions. Opportunities to run or co-lead groups are also available. Our warm and inviting practice provides a wonderful opportunity for new professionals looking to break into the world of private practice! Please send your vitae and cover letter indicating areas of expertise and interests to: Core Counseling Services, c/o Marquerite Laban, PhD; 9475 Deereco Rd., Ste 410; Timonium, MD 21093-2124 or fax to: (410) 560-6136.